Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring means Baseball

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  I stare out the window and wait for Spring.  ~Rogers Hornsby

After the growing of beautiful flowers and the beginning of warm weather, the best thing about Spring is baseball. It is a sport our whole crew enjoys and play! Sometimes I think about how great it would be to have a large family like the Duggars: we could man a whole team!



This love wasn't instant for all of us, Z Man was born to play ball and I knew it when he would pick up a stick and hit anything as soon as he learned to walk. However, Big A did gymnastics for years, S Man wasn't too interested in sports, and all Humble Dad talks about are the Steelers. I think Humble Dad was a little disappointed when Z Man decided he wanted to play baseball in the Fall. Big A let go of gymnastics when she wanted to dress more modestly and enjoyed playing baseball with her brothers, softball just followed naturally. This is her second season playing and she is pitching! S Man, although still more interested in the statistics and can name every baseball team, which he will do in order geographically from the Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, to the West, he still will play ball. Lil A insisted on me buying her a PINK and black glove and enjoys playing catch for now. Although, Humble Dad follows the Blue Jays (yes, the Canadian team, stop with the jingoistic USA chanting folks), I knew his love of baseball changed when a package of Men's Under Armor Cleats arrived at my door. And yes, me, Humble Mom will get out there on the field and hit some balls and run the bases, however, fielding I will leave to the pros in my family.

We have encourage baseball in homeschooling also, one of our favorite books is:  We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball. I grew up on Casey at the Bat and have read it to them many times. Here are some other blog post about baseball: Z Man Knows , Ball Sort

Negro League Poster from the Museum in Baltimore.








Humble Dad practices with all of his children.

Pitching the Game, after coming back from visiting the Amish.

Participating in Annual Parade






Stubhub has tickets for supercheap, we were able to get $6 tickets to see the Orioles against the BlueJAYS!!!!




Big A is a big fan of Luis Pérez the relief pitcher for the Blue Jays


I had to add the photo of my Maryland Crab






We invited a friend, his mom blogs over at Collard Green Muslim




So Long from our Blue Crew in a sea of Orange!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips