Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food Chart

I loved this Food Chart and at the end of her blog post she writes " You can easily create one of these yourself." and that is exactly what I did, made a Food Chart that represents our family. The core things are the same, I don't like reinventing the wheel. However, there were some things like the sugar, fats, oil category or the particular foods we eat, mostly Organic, that I changed. I also added a water and vitamin check box.



We also will used printables by Teacher Created Resource. ABCTeach has a food group game for 3-6 year olds. Basement Workshop has a free printable.

The best part of this is accountability, for my Beloveds and myself. They can keep track of how healthy they are eating, and I can keep track of the foods I have in the house so they can stay healthy. If Z man should eat 2-4 servings of fruit a day, but his source of fruit is only coming from juice, I know I need to buy more fruit!

I used these tags and rings to keep the daily task,
food chart and wet ease marker together

We are also adding more accountability through our Daily Task Cards. A checklist of work to do for each child color coded and geared to their age. I don't believe in paying a child to do chores or work around the house, I don't get paid to chores around my own house. However, I do believe in giving them a salary for the work the school work they complete. So each column has an amount with a place to total it at the end of the day. The money management program we have is Dave Ramsey's Save, Give, Spend. I tell my Beloveds, if you work hard at school-work, you will get paid all of your life through scholarships, salary and bonuses. I doubt you want to use the actual one, but feel free to download it to get an idea.

♥  Download the Free Printable
Food Chart
Daily Task List


♥  More on Noor Janan Homeschool
Administrative Printables

♥  Pinterest: Noor Janan Homeschool

We talked about Food today using these books:


More Links:


Montessori Monday

2 comments :

  1. I love your study! So important for kids to understand what they need to eat or not eat & why. Thanks for the resources. I'll be tapping into that when we do a similar study later in the year! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I look forward to seeing you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your resources ... thanks so much for sharing them! How great that you even have a vegan food pyramid! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I added your post to my Montessori-Inspired Food Preparation post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/11/08/montessori-inspired-food-preparation-for-preschoolers/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me!

Blogging tips